Top 5 Incredible Experiences Worth Indulging In Thailand!
Thailand is the ultimate Asian experience for travelers. From the tall skyscrapers and incredible wildlife resources to the local markets, flavorsome cuisine, and historical monuments, Thailand is where you can try a bunch of things at the same time. If you are on a quick tour, check some of the experiences below, so that you can prioritize as per your budget.
- Head to the Grand Palace. Counted as the most famed and visited landmark in Bangkok, the Grand Palace is known for its detailed architecture. This is also home to Thai war ministry and considered as the place to see the Thai Kingdom in all its glory. It’s also home to Wat Prakeaw – one of the best places in the country.
- Go to the Similan Islands. This is a group of islands, which just about 90-minutes away from Phang-Nga through a speed boat. There are nine main islands here, which remain home to amazing tropical fishes and colorful corals. What makes things better is the scope for diving, thanks to amazing underwater visibility.
- Enjoy at your hotel. If you prefer to travel in luxury, you should check boutique hotels in Thailand by Secret Retreats. There are quite a few choices in most cities and regions, and you can have all the facilities that can be expected from a boutique hotel. Indulge in a spa session at the end of the day.
- Don’t miss the floating markets. Like most other travelers, you must have heard great things about floating markets around Bangkok. While many have been commercialized for the tourists, you will still find fresh fruits, veggies and local food sold from the boats. Haggling is usually recommended, but if you don’t want to go for all that, take a tour of Damnoen Saduak market. Taling Chan Market is also a good choice.
- End it with the Phi Phi Islands. Visiting Thailand and not coming to Phi Phi Islands is a crime! Just 90-minutes away from Phuket, Phi Phi Islands is known for its beaches, rock formations, and blue water. Phi Phi Don is the larger island, great for nightlife, while you can also choose to head to Phi Phi Leh.
Also, if time permits, make sure to visit Chiang Mai and Railay Beach. Make sure to book your stay in advance to get the best rooms, and if you can book the flights a couple of months in advance, you can save considerably on airfares.